At Precision Dental NYC we can handle every dental emergency from tooth pain to damaged crown or filling . If you have an urgent dental need or are too busy for 2 dental visits, come in for same-day dental treatments. In just one day, we can quickly restore damaged teeth with natural-looking ceramic crowns.
We can handcraft in about 2 hours custom dentures to fit your appearance and speaking style, while improving the way you eat and chew. Whether you have a lost or cracked filling, have suffered an injury to your mouth, or need same-day root canal, we can restore your smile in just one day. Use the nearby form to schedule an emergency dental appointment today or call.
What’s Considered a Dental Emergency?
If you knock a tooth out, you know immediately that you need urgent dental care. But an emergency isn’t always so cut-and-dried. If you don’t feel much pain, maybe you can wait a few days to visit your dentist. But if you experience more severe tooth pain or pain in your gums or jaw, don’t hesitate to call your dentist.
You can exacerbate your problems by waiting. Dental issues rarely go away on their own. You need the best dental care. Symptoms and conditions that constitute an immediate dental emergency include:
- Bleeding from your mouth. If your gums or inner cheeks are bleeding and won’t stop, that’s a condition that requires 24-hour emergency dental care or a trip to the nearest emergency room. Try to stop the bleeding, but you need urgent dental care to ease the swelling and pain.
- A broken tooth. If a tooth has been knocked out entirely or a piece has broken off, you definitely need emergency dental care. Find the tooth that fell out, put it in saline or milk, and get to your dentist or emergency room. If you don’t act quickly, you may lose the tooth forever.
- A loose or detached crown or filling. If a filling or crown falls out or even becomes loose, you feel the pain immediately, since now your tooth pulp is unprotected and exposed. Even a breath can cause pain. You may have a metallic taste. Get to an emergency dental facility for treatment. Otherwise, you may need a root canal.
- Nerve pain. Pain from an exposed nerve in your tooth is intense. It’s constant and may even be throbbing. You need urgent dental care to save the tooth. If the pain suddenly disappears, that’s a sign the tooth nerves are dead or dying.
- Any swelling around your mouth. Inflammation signals a problem. You won’t know why your mouth is swelling until you get in to see your dentist, who can examine you with an experienced eye. It may be an abscessed tooth or something even more severe.
- A tooth with an abscess. An abscess is an infection beneath your tooth. It can cause difficulty in breathing, eating, and drinking. Since infections can attack nearby teeth, seek immediate emergency dental care.
- Severe tooth decay. If the cavity is left untreated, it can damage the tooth pulp without the possibility of restoration. When tooth decay is beyond what can be treated with a root canal or dental fillings, emergency tooth extraction will be required.
- Some food stuck in your mouth. Bits of popcorn, shells, or candy can get stuck between your teeth or between your teeth and gums. It can irritate your gums, causing pain and swelling. If you can’t reach it, see your dentist for emergency toothache relief.
- Pain without a known cause. When you’re feeling acute or dull pain, and you don’t know the cause of the pain, you need urgent dental care. Pain always signals a health issue, and if you don’t know the reason, your dentist has to make a diagnosis before it can be treated.
When You Need Emergency Toothache Relief?
Most toothaches are minor, and you can handle the pain with over-the-counter medication. But if the pain continues for more than a couple of days, get to your emergency dentist at Precision Dental NYC. A toothache often means you have some tooth decay, but it can mean something more serious.
If you aren’t able to get an appointment right away, ask our doctors for advice, which you should always do before trying a home remedy. At-home pain-relief tips include:
- Take ibuprofen tablets to reduce your pain;
- Rinse your mouth every hour with saltwater;
- Wrap ice or an ice pack in a towel and place it on the side of your face;
- Try biting down on a peppermint tea bag to ease your pain temporarily.
Crowns, Fillings, and Veneers in Just One Appointment
We understand you sometimes need restoration services done quickly. Thanks to our advanced computerized design system we can meet your needs and provide you with the care you need in one visit. Our dentists can also stain and glaze the restoration, so it will match the exact shade of your other teeth. We can even color it while it’s in your mouth, making sure it’s a perfect match. This approach also ensures you can avoid the hassle of a temporary being placed in your mouth and having to come for a second visit.
Fix Painful Teeth
Does a tooth hurt when you eat? Is your tooth sensitive to hot or cold? Does your pain come and go? These are common symptoms of a cracked, chipped or fractured tooth. If left untreated, your tooth and the surrounding bone and gum tissue can become infected. Don’t wait any longer to restore your teeth to their healthy state. Come in today. We can perform procedures immediately to give your smile back today. Contact us to schedule your appointment right away.
Schedule Your Appointment
Astoria: (718) 274-2749
Bayside: (718) 274-2749